Bob,

I really try to avoid the "DO-SET-EXIT-END loops" you speak of, I find them
cumbersome and hard to read.  I find that one large SELECT-WHEN-OTHERWISE-END
provides a better structure for this, and since it avoids the numerous EXITs,
it allow for such things as WRITE statements after the end of the SELECT group.

I have seen many sites that use the style you refer to, and I have always
wondered why people prefer that over the SELECT layout, I would be interested
in hearing what issues you see in SELECT?

Scott

>>> "Richards, Robert B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 4/30/2008 10:10 AM >>>
Willie,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Had several doctor appointments
yesterday.

Scott and Tom identified your immediate problem, but your routine still
could use some improvement. As was pointed out, be consistent and use
DO-SET-EXIT-END loops for *ALL* storage class assignments. Document your
logic choices and decisions with better comments.

There is an ELSE statement that is hanging out there by itself before
the SELECT statement should not be there and is poor coding. The only
reason it works is because the ACSENVIR test satisfies the ELSE
condition more often than the IF condition, enabling the SELECT logic
below it to execute. Remove the ELSE statement.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Note that my email domain has changed from jo-annstores.com to joann.com.
Please update your address book and other records to reflect this change.

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received
this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it, (ii) reply to
the sender that you received the message in error, and (iii) erase or destroy
the material. Emails are not secure and can be intercepted, amended, lost or
destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if
you communicate with us by email. Thank you.