Hello:
I have an oldie but a goodie.  One of our user areas sent us 9 3420 tapes
today, and some of them appear to be 800 BPI.  When I run tape map against
the tape I get the data in the attachment.

 I am trying to read these files on a 3420 tape
drive, and when I put the density (DEN=2) into my JCL I get a 413-24 abend.
I've tried various combinations and I cannot seem to get these old tapes to
read, and without density IEBGENER gets a RC=12 for conflicting DCB info.
I've also tried BLP and specifying the DCB parms directly, and still no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can possibly get this to read
on our tape drives, or is there a hardware setting on a 3420 that will make
this possible?

I looked in the archives and did not find anything specific about this, and
this
is a little before my time.

Thanks

Todd Burrell

1VOL=007893                       TAPE ANALYSIS PROGRAM   (T A P E M A P)  V2.1
         TUESDAY    MAY 06, 2008  (08.127)  15:09:34

 RELOAD   FILE                     PSWD                   INFO
BLOCK   BLOCK            LNTH  TOTL  CREATOR
 FORMAT   SEQ#  DATASET NAME       REQD  C-DATE  E-DATE  SOURCE  RECFM  LRECL
SIZE   COUNT  DEN  TRT  (FT)  LNTH  JOBNAME/STEPNAME

0               PW.PREV.ELPH               .     00.000  LABELS  S      A CEN
C DAT      95   T                    R INC
             2                                            SCAN   F
1499      95  1600        13    13

-*****  ONE OR MORE FILES HAVE DENSITY INDICATED INCORRECTLY IN LABELS.  ALL
FILES ARE WRITTEN AT 800  BPI  *****
+
                  800
+
                  800
0NOTE:  LENGTH(S) ARE COMPUTED, (BASED ON BLKSIZE, BLKCOUNT, AND DENSITY), AND
ARE THEREFORE ONLY APPROXIMATE.