On Tue, 6 May 2008 13:10:57 +0000, john gilmore
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The intent of my OP was to supply historical information, not to stir up
bootless controversy.

Controversy?  Most of the comments have been light-hearted
and/or a comment that it's been "Authorized" for 30 years or so.

>Let me also note that I stopped posting regularly in this forum chiefly
because I found myself feeling and, worse, exhibiting less and less
patience with the effluvia of gratuitous, because radically uninformed,

Gratuitous?  Well, we didn't charge for our comments.  And they
weren't solicited.   But then, niether was your original post.

Radically uninformed?  I don't think so.  I think we are fairly typically,
customarily uninformed.   Nothing radical there at all.

>I now regret breaching my silence on this occasion; and I shall in the
future try to exhibit even greater restraint, limiting myself to an
occasional éloge.

Bye.

Pat O'Keefe