Mark,

Which is why in an earlier post I mentioned a dedicated LCU for Page
datasets. That way you can always have an over abundance of Alias.

BTW I'm not saying that one should mindlessly go out and treat paging as
just another dataset. I just don't like seeing a practice perpetuated when
the reason for it has gone away. I was taught that Page Datasets are on
dedicated volumes so that IO to another dataset would not cause the
suspended channel program from ending.

All the other discussion is about managing and mitigating contention. If the
suggestion that page dataset isolation is absolutely critical, then why not
give them a dedicated Cache Partition and FlashAccess as well? With 512GB of
cache it would be easy to carve out 32GB and go back to a solid state paging
environment :-)

Ron