Several options, all -very- expensive.  You need a very big pipe and one
or more humans to care for the tape unit.

What are you trying to do? How far is the run?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David Logan
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:37 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Remote tape drive

I would like to have a tape drive at a remote office from where the
mainframe is physically located. Preferably a (normally) channel
attached
tape drive, rather than a SCSI type of thing, although I would take the
latter if given no other choices.

Does anyone happen to know what options I have available?

Thanks!

David Logan

Manager of Product Development, Pitney Bowes Software, Inc.

 <http://centrus.com> http://centrus.com

4750 Walnut St, Suite 200

Boulder, CO  80301

W: (720) 564-3056