Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:
At 09:51 -0600 on 05/12/2008, Steve Comstock wrote about Re: Mainframe programming vs the Web:

It's a real dilema for webpage developers. I recently redesigned
our home page. My initial design was to be very minimalist, just
a few lines, but if you clicked a line it was expanded, using
javascript, to a series of bullets and links. It was pretty cool.
My alternate was just to have the bullets fixed in place.

In a case of this type, all you need to do is place a NOSCRIPT Tag on the page saying that since they have disabled JavaScript, to click a supplied link which will take them to a duplicate page that does not need JavaScript and point them at the version with the exposed bullets. This gives the best of both worlds. The normal user gets an interactive copy of the page while the Paranoid Luddites get a non-interactive static page.

If anyone's interested, they could test my alternat home page
by going to this link:

  http://www.trainersfriend.com/newIndex.html

Feedback and suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==