On Tue, 20 May 2008 10:09:54 -0500, Chris Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>To all the denizens of the list who are now thoroughly confused over what this
>thread might have to do with what they understand as "USS", we actually
>happen to be talking here about the real and original "USS", namely VTAM's
>Unformatted System Services which has been around since the mid-seventies
>rather than what is usually implied by "USS" in this list, namely "UNIX System
>Services", very much a Johnny-come-lately.
>
>I felt that was worth an airing given how infrequently we encounter a thread
>dealing with genuine "USS".

I *highly* doubt a single person was confused.  The context of the original
post clearly referenced VTAM and was obvious (just as all the USS references
to z/OS Unix are obvious by the context of the posts that I have seen).
Even if someone was confused, all the replies referenced 3270, VTAM and
TCPIP.

So why not give this a rest already.   It's old.   If you personally can't
figure
out which one somebody is talking about, feel free to post about that to
get clarification or write the OP directly.

Regards,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden