On Wed, 21 May 2008 15:43:02 -0400, Don Leahy wrote:

>The PL had PFK10 set up as CANCEL.  This screwed me up because my own
>userid had PFK10 set up as SAVE.  After losing several rounds of
>changes by hitting CANCEL when I meant SAVE, I changed the PL's PFK10
>setting to match the one I was accustomed to.
>
>This would have been fine except that I forgot to change it back again
>when I finished using his userid.
>
>I heard some colourful language the next day when the PL SAVE'd some
>changes he'd meant to CANCEL.  :-)

There's a simple ROT here.  Do NOT assign PF keys to CANCEL (or SAVE,
which as your experience demonstrates, is similarly destructive when
unintended.)  It's users' foolishness in so doing which impels
vendors to presume to save them from their own stupidity by
adding PITA confirmation dialogs on such commands.

-- gil