On Thu, 22 May 2008 08:05:44 -0700, Edward Jaffe wrote:

>This leaves the mainframe open to attack by purveyors of the
>alternatives. IT professionals with "80-column minds" are our platform's
>own worst enemy!

Speaking of "80-column", when did JES2 overcome the fixed 80
restriction on SYSIN data sets?  I see that manuals as far back
as OS/390 2.10 allow up to LRECL=254.  I guess I missed the
announcement.  And various recent APARS deal with the problems
introduced by accommodating variable length SYSIN (e.g. OA11953
Oops).

-- gil