> ... could you not just use RECFM=V and send
> 84 byte JCL and 208/212 LRECL SYSIN Data?

I assume so, but I never tried to do that. Using in-stream
data sets with more than 80 bytes per card was an extension
to an existing program (that used to require only 80 bytes
of in-stream data) which used two separate DCBs to write
the JCL and the in-stream data. I just kept the one that
was handling the actual JCL as FB-80 and changed the one
that was handling the in-stream data to V-whatever. It may
have been the case that for some reason my SVS 1.7 HASP 4.0
mods to make all this work required the use of a RECFM=F[B]
DCB for actual JCL. I do not remember that being the case,
but lots of this is very hazy now, so I can't really say.

--
WB