A few months back I posted to the NG about a job posting that arrived in my
inbox for a poorly paid Sr. Systems Programmer position in North Jersey and it
caused quite a stir and a lot of traffic.

Well, a friend that is now looking for a position in the Philadelphia area,
sent this to me and I thought I would pass it along.  It's rather disheartening.

Job Description

The MVS Systems Programmer will install; customize; test; implement; document
and support IBM mainframe operating system software (z/OS 1.7 or 1.8) and
multiple 3rd party software products on over 25 MVS images.

You will code in Assembler to develop, test, implement, document and support
system modifications and MVS and JES exits

Analyze, debug and correct various z/OS software problems
Support z/OS USS environment
Use IBM's ServiceLink and interface with IBM technical support to resolve
Operating system Software and Hardware problems
Read and analyze system dumps
Provide system-programming support for the installation and upgrade of
mainframe hardware configurations
Provide support for Disaster Recovery planning and testing and provide 24/7/365
support for Software/Hardware issues.
Install, customize, test, implement, document and support independent software
vendor (ISV) products as required (this includes user modifications that
require customization for release levels or related to site requirements) and
work with the vendors on problems and resolution.
Evaluate Software products as required and make recommendations to management -
Implement and maintain security and control policies, procedures and standards
in all phases of Software and Hardware implementation changes
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of installed Hardware and Software products
Provide customer support by addressing Software/Hardware related trouble
tickets providing levels 1, 2 and 3 support.

Job Overview

Company: Fast Switch, Ltd. Required Education: Not Specified
Job Type: Information Technology
Installation - Maint - Repair Required Experience: Not Specified
Base Pay:  $38,000 - $46,000 /Year Required Travel: Not Specified
Other Pay: Benefits and Paid Time Off available