From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Chase, John
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:58 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: TCPIP Segmentation Offload

Forwarded on behalf of a colleague.......

________________________________

        IBM recommended a while back that TCP/IP Segmentation Offload to
the OSA card be disabled.  Microcode was made available in April to fix
the offload code.  We are now at this new microcode level and are
considering re-enabling the offload functionality.   We are aware of
APAR PK64756.

        Has anyone experienced any problems after re-enabling
Segmentation Offload?

        Any recommendations on the best way to measure the positive
performance impact that segmentation offload provides to TCP/IP (CPU,
storage, etc.)?

TIA,

    -jc-

NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.
The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended
as the recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the
message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the
sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original
transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer
system. Thank you.