Edward Jaffe wrote:

Under the terms of a legitimate open source license I would be happy to give the product a try here.

IANAL... but..

One should be careful, notwithstanding any political considerations about how to interpret 'free software' and 'open source' licenses..

The terms given somewhat clearly seem to fall unto the "Open Source" philosophy (the 'not for war' would IMHO clearly contradict the 'free software' (which clearly states a 'no restriction' on usage)).

Personally, I would recommend AGAINST making your own license. There is already enough license clutter ! instead look around.. I am convinced there is a license in there that will fit your you.

But anyway..
And as many people already stated..

Thanks for making your project available for all of us !

--Ivan