On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 18:45:23 -0600, Steve Comstock wrote:

>I was too quick on my Send when I said SYSOUT=(*) instead
>of SYSOUT=(,), ...

Indeed.  The explicit * on the DD statement overrides the
CLASS on the OUTPUT statement.

It's my surmise that the requirement for the comma instead
of simply SYSOUT=() (why should two null subparameters be
better than one?) is YA bug in the JCL parser that IBM chose
to document as a feature rather than to repair.  IIRC, I
submitted the RCF that caused it to be documented.

Is there any other keyword on any JCL statement that requires
or even accepts two null subparameters?

-- gil