In a message dated 6/16/2008 9:51:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

download that to my PC and run Java against it. If necessary, I  could
even develop and test the Java code on my PC and run the application  on
the mainframe once it is working. (or use Co:Z to ship the XML to  my
Linux system and run the code there with the response going back to  the
mainframe).

Didn't have much luck with JAVA RMF under  Windoze, maybe it works better on
Linux?

_http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/rmf/rmfhtmls/pmweb/pmweb.ht
ml_
(http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/rmf/rmfhtmls/pmweb/pmweb.html)

Anyway, won't SAS run on Linux? Seems that  would be cheapest. Do what you've
been doing just do it on the PC. Dr. Merrill  has examples at _www.mxg.com_
(http://www.mxg.com)  on how to process  SMF data on the PC.