We are currently running HSC/MVS R6.1.  We have also installed the STK
recommanded PTFs that were suppose to provide the support of the
STK9840D tape drives.

I should have mentioned that we are using COAX attachment to the
STK/LMU's ( we have a Dual LMU configuration ) via twin VISARA SCON-22L
controllers.  Also, this ACS is only accessible by our z/OS mainframe, no Open
Systems servers.

As I said eariler, we are working with SUN/STK software support regarding this
issue, they are telling us there are other users with the same configuration as
us who are not experiencing this problem.  I'm interested in 'talking' with any
site that is running the same configuration as us.

HTH

Glenn Miller