On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:05:26 -0400, Jerry Fuchs wrote:

>The IKJEFF10 TSO submit exit would be used to change the job name to the
>TSO user's ID.
>
>Maybe this was missed when you went to a new release?

In days of yore, I recall using the TSO SUBMIT command and being
prompted for the jobname suffix character.  Was that being done by
the IKJEFF10 exit?  And that TSO OUTPUT would retrieve only job
named as user ID + one character.

Various places in ISPF there are JOB statement templates.  Are these
effective only if the file being SUBMITted has no JOB statement?

Regardless, I abandoned prefixing my job names with my user ID
shortly after SDSF became available.  I found it more useful to
filter my SDSF displays by OWNER and use the full 8 characters
of the job name for other meaningful information.  Try it;
it's liberating (although many of my colleagues find greater
comfort in the legacy of user ID prefixing job names).

I believe Flasher and EJES also provide filtering by owner ID.

Installation standards may have inertia that binds you to the
legacy naming conventions.

-- gil