-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Gibney, Dave
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:05 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Network Time Protocol (NTP) client support question

STP is more dollars than I'll ever talk my site into spending,
especially since such function is FREE on every other platform I know
of.

Last I looked, it lists for in the 5 figure range. Even if free, I'd
have difficulty convincing the rest to let me be the "BOSS" time server.
<SNIP>

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I haven't been watching this
thread that closely.

If you were to bring up a copy of Linux in an LPAR, could it not provide
the STP capability? Would this solve the problem? Then that same copy of
Linux could be used for other things that need to be done, but doesn't
require lots of CPU or C-Store.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- All opinions expressed by me are my own and may not necessarily
reflect those of my employer. --