Dave

Please be more specific about what you actually achieve here. "the command
TSO TELNET ip address will reach the TN327o server running on a TCPIP open
z/OS LPAR" is not in dispute - with or without the "open" whatever you may
mean by that, perhaps the z/OS UNIX TELNET server (otelnetd). Do you
eventually enter your TSO commands one line at a time with no support from
ISPF?

> what do you think you're reaching when you use (what ever TN3270)
emulator you're using on your Window$ desktop?

Typically, you are using the so-called TN3270 function and your TN3270(E)
client (from whatever "desktop" platform) will be relying on 3270 emulation not
(previously?) available from the TELNET client function supplied by the
Communications Server IP component.

Chris Mason