[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Timothy Sipples) writes:
> Whether you're seeing these particular trends at your bank or not is
> interesting, but from an industry view I think this is a reasonable (and
> unsurprising) generalization. (Certainly the biggest application provider
> in this market, ACI Worldwide, recognizes these trends.) And you shouldn't
> be surprised when you start to see these trends hitting your bank in the
> coming years if they haven't already. There's an awful lot of pressure in
> the banking industry to gain efficiencies, reduce costs, and improve
> service levels.

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008j.html#10 We're losing the battle

for some other topic drift ... a couple recent posts (from a.f.c) about
implementation of ATM machine support on VM/CMS platform in the 70s
(references to getting higher thruput than acp/tpf implementation on the
same hardware)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008j.html#13
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008j.html#15

also had more recent experience earlier in this decade involving
modifications to ATM network processing for (NACHA) processing trials
... for (AADS) debit card transactions
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/x959.html#aads

... on the internet. The NACHA RFI response was submitted for us by
somebody else, because we weren't members of NACHA
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/nacharfi.htm

report on the result of the trials can be found here (23july2001)
... describing some of the processing modifications to support the
trials of doing debit transactions over the internet
http://internetcouncil.nacha.org/News/news.html

indirect reference in article in mar/apr 2005 ibm systems magazine
article (although some of the info is slightly garbled)
http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/mainframe/marchapril05/stoprun/10020p1.aspx

included some amount of working with ACI.

other posts in this thread:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008i.html#97 We're losing the battle
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008i.html#99 We're losing the battle
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008i.html#101 We're losing the battle
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008j.html#7 We're losing the battle
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008j.html#16 We're losing the battle
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008j.html#17 We're losing the battle

for other drift, some old ACP/TPF related email
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008i.html#email800325

in this recent post
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008i.html#39