As this problem drove me crazy today, I decided to developed some code. I
wrote a rexx exec that is an ISPF macro that replaces the buildin send
command, It does the following:

*       save changes done until macro starts.
*       Force undo on and nosave in the member's profile to keep the
variables for future use
*       Scan the member for ORDER and INCLUDE card.
*       Allocate and read the INCLUDEd member (currently only one).
*       create a table of variable (the set xxx become &xxx) and values
(after the eq sign.
*       find all Instream "DD *" data (Don't care for the DD name).
*       Change all variables with the values (only those found in "DD *"
pseudo datasets.
*       submits the job with a TSO SUBMIT command
*       Undo all changes done  after the macro starts (to keep the variables
in the text).

So, what I have done is to put "converter" like step before the converter.
The program is almost done. Email me if you want a copy. I think that future
use will be to add support for more then one include member and to change
external allocation of SYSIN type datasets into instream for variable
substitution.

The only problem I can see is that I have to replace the buildin submit
macro with the one I wrote (It is personal, kept in my private ispf profile
and not shared), or to name the macro other then SUB (for example SUBX). It
then be included from your sysproc library.

Will be happy to get more ideas on this.

Regards,

Itschak

| Itschak Mugzach | Director | SecuriTeam Software |
Mugzach | Web: www.Securiteam.co.il <http://www.securiteam.co.il/>   |