On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:43:08 +0200, Thomas Berg
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008023617_camin
erobit29.html)

Certainly no reflection on Mr. Camimer but that Seattle Times article
would have been a bit better if it had not said:
" ...developed two more generations of LEO, the last with transistors,
rather than the noisy vacuum tubes used in the first two models. ..."

Noisy vacuum tubes?  Vacuum tubes had a number of drawbacks
but I don't recall their being particularly noisy.   I can only assume
the original models either had a bunch of clattering relays, or
noisy cooling systems.

Pat O'Keefe