On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:21:46 -0500, Patrick O'Keefe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Certainly no reflection on Mr. Camimer but that Seattle Times article
>would have been a bit better if it had not said:
>" ...developed two more generations of LEO, the last with transistors,
>rather than the noisy vacuum tubes used in the first two models. ..."

In the early 1970s I acquired several boards from a scrapped LEO III (the first
and only transistorised LEO). I scavenged various components like transistors
and diodes from them. From memory, those boards were better for vultures
like myself than later generation boards, as the wires on the transistors were
left quite long, making them easier to salvage.

Of course, I now know I should have kept the boards intact, they would
probably now be worth a bit as historic relics.