Hi,

Ok, so for all the IBM'ers that do not have their "Out of office" message on,
what does this press release actually say, because all I can conclude is that
they "dropped their respective claims against each other".

What we want to know as customers :

a) Can we still buy these boxes
b) Will IBM allow their latest Operating systems to run on these boxes
c) The prices for the mips you get..... etc.

Anton

ARMONK, NY - 02 Jul 2008: IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced it has acquired
Platform Solutions, Inc. (PSI), a privately held technology company
headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. PSI's technologies and employees will
become part of the IBM System z business unit of the IBM Systems and
Technology Group. Financial terms were not disclosed.

PSI's technologies and skills, along with its intellectual capital, will become
part
of IBM's long-term mainframe product engineering cycles and part of IBM's
future product plans.

"IBM's strategy is to continually evolve our mainframe technology to help our
clients tackle the most demanding business issues," said Anne Altman, General
Manager, IBM System z. "We will continue to move the mainframe forward
through both IBM innovation and by acquiring new technologies. We welcome
Platform Solutions, Inc. and look forward to collaborating with them."

"We are pleased to become part of IBM, knowing IBM has the industry's most
comprehensive vision for the future direction of enterprise computing, and has
the requisite technologies to realize that vision," said Michael Maulick,
President and CEO, Platform Solutions, Inc. "This acquisition makes the most
sense for our companies -- to collaborate on future technology offerings and
maximize our combined knowledge and skills for the benefit of IBM clients
globally."

As part of this acquisition, both IBM and PSI dropped their respective claims
against each other.