----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward Jaffe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: Moving 3390-3 to 3390-9

Jousma, David wrote:
Should have added that we have the product here, and it works well.
Here is the link for info for non-believers...
http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/index.wss/offering/its/a1029927

Pretty slick! I was aware of the FDRPAS approach, which leverages the operating system's DDR SWAP logic. I was unaware that similar functionality could be had at the data set level. I wonder how they do it?

And, if data can be moved while OPEN with data-set-level granularity, why use products that offer only volume-level granularity?

Speed, plus the fact it's not really moved until the app is recycled (see Jeff Deaver's post).

Regards,
Tom Conley