There was a fundamental and as far as I know undocumented change in SDSF
for 1.9. The change affected primarily the 'ST' and 'I' displays because of
the mechanism used to collect information from JES2. We were an ESP
customer for 1.9 and noticed early on that the 'I' and 'ST' displays were
pretty much identical. In other words, 'I' displayed way more than it
should have. That was fixed via APAR, but I can't find it at the moment.

All users of SDSF at 1.9+ should look at OA25498 , which mentions the new
Extended Status SSI interface. A number of anomalies are or might be
attributable to this functional change.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Curt Thompson
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             INCIPAL.COM>                                               To
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     SDSF "I" (Input) Screen with z/OS
                                       1.9

             07/16/2008 01:31
             PM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

Hello,
I migrated my first system to z/OS v1.9 this past weekend, and my
Operations staff noticed that the SDSF "I" screen, and its column
labeled POS appears to be broken. In looking at this same screen on a
1.8 system (in the same plex), the numbering sequence of jobs waiting
appears correct (sequential). However, this same set of jobs on the 1.9
system has a POS numbering scheme that appears to be random, with
position numbers missing.

I did a quick search on IBMLink and IBM-Main, and found no hits. I also
reviewed the 1.9 migration manual and found no reference to this SDSF
screen.

I am curisous if others who have migrated to z/OS 1.9 have encountered
this,
and if so, what has been your reaction.  I have also opened a PMR with IBM.

Thanks,
Curt