As you can see, there are many product choices.

I'd just chime in here and recommend that, whatever option you choose, make
sure you implement so that the z/OS scheduling is self-contained --
assuming z/OS is the most highly available operating system you've got
running, which is generally a safe assumption.

For example, you do NOT want your monthly billing to fail to start because
a remote server (or network connection to it) did not initiate the job(s).
Make the mainframe the "mother hen," basically.

There's also the not-so-minor issue of the perils of scheduled FTP (or
similar) as an application integration strategy, but I've editorialized
about that in the recent past.

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]