This is the kind of question that should be easy to find the answer. But the
obvious places do not provide it. Also I feel I should know the answer but
have forgot - getting old!

We have page datasets with 40% allocated slots. We do not page (have lots of
free memory). D ASM,ALL

But the allocated slots is less that the sum of all the address spaces.
When is space allocated on a page dataset. I was thinking when virtual
storage is requested. But this contradicts the process of spreading several
pages across page datasets during page out