Rick,

I don't believe AUX works this way. Pages on the locals are only allocated
slots on AUX if they have been paged out and remain unchanged. There is no
attempt to back a getmained page with an AUX slot.

>From Bill Blair's post on the same topic on the MXG Forum:

<quote>
This sort of function was in the original MVS (that is, OS/VS2 Release 2.0,
first available via ESP in March 1974, with GA on 07/03/74).  There was a
"quota" for each address space created that got subtracted from what I
presume was a running total. I remember there was a CSECT you could ZAP to
specify the amount reserved for each new address space. But it never worked
well, and in fact caused grief. At the time we only had small 3330s, and
soon 3350s, which were very expensive paging devices.  You could never put
enough of them on to make ASM happy in a large configuration. But virtually
nobody (only 5 sites) ran MVS 2.0 in production. We just used it to play
with the then brand-new HASP, which they decided to call JES2.  By the time
production deployments of MVS became significantly widespread, MVS didn't do
that any more.

I was told that this nonsense had been eliminated by the ASM rewrite in
OS/VS2 3.0 (I know it was gone by the time the SU process got into full
swing, and it most certainly wasn't in 3.8).
<end quite>

Ron