On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 05:29:27 -0700, willie bunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Thanks to all who responded. The auditor wants to know if the "correct
storage group" is being used because he wanted to cross reference with the
volume backups. I supplied him with the code (ACS) but it was too
"technical" for him. I manually executed the commands D SMS,VOLUME(XXX)
followed by the /D SMS,STORGRP(XXXXXXX),LISTVOL to list all the volumes that
are in the group. Also, I did a "printscreen" of the results from ISMF. I
think I won him over. Stay tuned.....

You may want to also consider using the DFSORT reporting facility for the
DCOLLECT data source.  With DCOLLECT (an IDCAMS utility function), you can
generate volume-level inventory statistics and in the "VL" record is the
STORAGE_GROUP name.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.