On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:59:52 -0500, Richard Peurifoy <r-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The MONITOR command is not supported in COMMNDxx any more.
>Use COM='SETCON MN,JOBNAMES=(ON,LOG),T=ON' instead.
>
>See MVS Console Commands
>
>http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/iea2g181.pdf

Also, the comment by the original author of this topic that he must have at
least one console active in order to get the IEF403/IEF404I messages
produced is no longer true. You can get these messages produced, if you
want,  without having to display them on any console -- this was done
specifically for automation purposes. See the Commands book.

W. Kevin Kelley  IBM POK Lab -- z/OS Core Technology