-----------------------------<snip>----------------------------

If so, and if someone will give me the missing date ranges, I'll look around and try to find my archives which should be pretty complete. (I just hope that I don't have to get them off of a 3480 cartridge, which I basically can't do.)

Probably easier than 9-track tape.

I believe there's a company, with a name something like "Data Recovery Services", that could probably recover data even from a 7-track/200 BPI tape. I heard about it somewhere when I was still working, but never followed it up.