Hi,
  We implemented WLM managed inits in our shop back at 1.7, and ran into
some of the same issues with WLM mangaged init - YES - if you change the
class to wlm managed it takes effect for the entire mas, and at least prior
to 1.9 (I haven't checked 1.9 yet), you could set a class limit but that was
also mas wide, again no help in segregating jobs.  The problems can get more
complex when you want to stop jobs on only one system for a maintenance
window for example so this should not be unique to your shop...

  What I did, was to make a change to my JES2 exits - I have been providing
updates to the old MELLON shared spool mods for a dozen or more years now
and we have since dropped the MELLON part - in fact we dropped the mods -
they are really all standard exits at this point.  With the latest version
of our exits (available from the CBT tape website - File#766 in the "Latest
updates are always available to download here" section), we can control the
number of jobs that may be initiated on any system in the mas by class -
regardless of whether they are WLM or JES2 managed.   So for your situation
I would simply set the class limit to zero on the system where you don't
want wlm to start jobs, and the other system in your mas can take advantage
of the WLM managed features.
  The mods were originally written to do the same thing that the SCHENV
feature now handles, but we also, provide additional scheduling features or
job dependencies such as BEFORE/AFTER/WTH job requirements, a features for
timed scheduling such as HOLDFOR (time), or HOLDTTIL (time), and a feature
that allows whoever codes the JCL to specify an arbitrary resource name to
hold an exclusive or shared enqueue on - we use that feature to make sure
only one person runs an SMP update job at a time without needing to check
with all of our co-workers in 3 states first.

  Anyway, if you are interested - they are free, on the cbt tape web site,
are smp packaged, are all standard exits, and come with install, operations,
and users guides, and they work great.

Just another option.
Stephen McColley