I suppose I should have been a bit more specific - during our
maintenance window we typically want to stop all initiator classes
except one which we use to run our maintenance job in.  The $PXEQ will
stop everything on that one system, and we still want to do some work -
it's just very selective.  So with the mods we change the limits for all
classes to zero, and the limit for the class we want our work to run in
to just a few - 3 or 4 is usually enough for us, then we can run
install / change jobs without any 'other' work getting into the system.

  We also have the ability with these mods to limit (or stop) work
coming in based on a masked userid or jobname, so they are pretty
flexible in what we can allow to start or not start - that also keeps
some of our more creative users from flooding the system with work as
they occasionally try to do.

Stephen McColley