All you IBM'ers out there reading this, please delete this message and keep
moving...  I'm serious now, move on...  There is nothing for you to see here...
.
.
.

Now that they're gone...

Way, WAY back, IBM provided a utility in IPO1.LINKLIB (at least I think that's
where it was) which would allow one to perform mass changes (edits) against a
typical 80/80 PDS; JCL, TEXT, etc...  IBM provided it to mass-edit IPO type
datasets during the system build process.  The last time I recall getting a
copy was during an OS/390 upgrade...  I think is was called something like,
SYSUPDAT or something along those lines.

While an extremely useful utility, it was coded to only allow changes against
IBM "supplied" datasets.  However, if one knew exactly where to ZAP the load
module, the utility could be used against any PDS; which is what I did, and
boy, was that thing useful while performing a couple of my day-to-day
responsibilities...

When I would move from shop to shop, that was when I worked for the consulting
company, I would take my "toolkit" (every TSO PDS I had) with me, unload the
toolkit to disk at the new site, including an XMI and IEBCOPY format of the
loadlib which contained the utility, run this utility against every text-based
PDS I brought with me and I would be up and ready to pickup where I left off.
It was great!

Well, I lost my, er..., copy during a hard drive failure a few years ago; on
one of our in-house P/390's.  Now that I am moving on to another shop, I find I
will need it again.  I have at least 4 dozen PDS's I will need to "mass edit"
when I get to my next shop.  I would really like another copy of this utility
to make the mass changes necessary.  Does anyone know OF this utility and if
so, is it still around and if so, where could I find it?

I looked in the CPAC loadlib(s) and it's not there.

Thanks in advance for any help.