From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of John Eells
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:58 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Way... Back question...

Gary Green wrote:
> Thanks for the reference Lizette.
>
> Another list member reminded me of the name of the utility.
>
> Even though other processes could provide the same function, I was always
fond of using the IPOUPDTE, now CPPUPDTE (which makes sense), utility.  Some
shops would not allow me to install non-approved software, other than my own
toolkit of course.  So, even though PDSMAN has always been an option, I
could never depend on it being at a new client site, hence IPOUPDTE.

<snip>

You might find this enlightening:

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/installation/sampdisc.html

--