Yet another question in my quest to create a JCL parser.

I know of the // COMMAND 'command' JCL statement. But I also know that it
is possible to do something like: // VARY 200,ONLINE as well. Since I
don't want to actually parse every possible z/OS command in my JCL parser,
I am thinking of making a rule to "catch" all JCL statements which have an
"unknown" verb and consider them to be "possible z/OS commands". Does this
seem reasonable? Or should I simply give a SYNTAX ERROR type return and
say something to the effect: IF THIS IS A Z/OS COMMAND, USE THE "COMMAND"
VERB TO ISSUE THE COMMAND. ?

I did notice that "something" seems to know that VARY and I guess the
other z/OS commands are valid, whereas something like // MOMMA will get a
JCL error. From my testing, I think that the converter "knows" all the
possible z/OS command verbs. That's because I used CA-OPS/MVS to create a
command rule called MOMMA. When embedded in JCL, the command does not get
executed and I get a JCL error. But I can enter the command via SDSF or a
console session.

Again, many thanks.

--
Q: What do theoretical physicists drink beer from?
A: An EIN stein.

Maranatha!
John McKown