John,

The commands entered in JCL have a space after the "//". It should be a
continuation card or one of the few SET, INCLUDE,.. cards that doesn't need
a "name" verb after the slashs. It should be simple to check of ot one of
these cards, continuation card or a suspected command.
In regard to the command name, I don't believe that the converteris aware of
valid commands. Are you sure the command is not printed in syslog? Remember
that the commands are executed in coversion time, not run time.

Itschak