Eileen

According to some clists I wrote some time ago which I have preserved on my
PC, the ending quote in the REXX statements with the GLOBALV commands
are to the right of the variable name and not to the left as in your statements.

For example, having set a value in the variable SNMPAGENT, I have the
statement

'GLOBALV PUTT SNMPAGENT'

I dare say this is explained in a manual somewhere!

Incidentally, there is a list/newsgroup/whatever for NetView topics which the
following URL may help you to get at:

Reading your post again, I see I may have misunderstood. If you want the
name of the variable to be contained in a variable, that should be possible.
However I don't believe I have tried that and so can't be sure. I'm sure you'll
get a definitive answer if you follow up in the NetView "group" since there is
developer who keeps an eagle eye on it - mainly to deal with a regular
contributor to IBM-MAIN!

Chris Mason