Arthur Gutowski wrote:
I vaguely remember when IEBCOPY was comprised of more than one load module, and compressing the live LINKLIB was not a good thing... somehow, this smells hauntingly familiar...

While it is of course possible that some installations linked IEBCOPY with their own programs, thus producing multiple load modules that included IEBCOPY, I think you meant to say that IEBCOPY comprised more than one load module, which is wrong, unless you count the appendage.

The problem you remember was due to a number of utilities shipped to execute in a small (64K or so) region (MVT) or partition (MFT), using overlay. However, on a LINKLIB compress, the symptoms would have been the same.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT