Have a look at the below link.

http://www-03.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/WebIndex/WP100258

--- On Mon, 9/22/08, Walter Marguccio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Walter Marguccio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: z890 model upgrade
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Date: Monday, September 22, 2008, 9:48 AM

Hello list,

as we heard that upgrading from a 2086-230 to a 2086-270 would cost us 350.000
Euro,
we abandoned our consolidating project on the mainframe. The price is, at least
for a small company like us, too high,
and doesn't take into account the higher sw licence costs which would come
along due to more MSUs.

Are there guidelines, tools, books, etc. which would help us to estimate
whether 3 or 4 CPs (i.e. 2086-350 or 2086-440)
less fast would still improve our performance compared with 2 fast CPs like in
the 2086-270 ?

In other words: better more (slower) CPs of fewer (faster) ones ? What does it
depend on ?

We are still at z/OS 1.7, Com-plete and ADABAS 7.4.4., online and batch being
our main workloads.

Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer
BELENUS LOB Informatic GmbH