On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:43:46 -0400, Lizette Koehler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>List -
>
>I know this is a simple answer, but my brain does not process JAVA very
well yet.  So be gentle.

>I am doing an APPLY of 400+ ptfs to my system (z/OS V1.9)
>
>During the APPLY I got the following failure
>J1.4/bin/classic/libjvm.so
>pax: FSUM6260 write error on file "J1.4/bin/classic/libjvm.so": EDC5133I No
space left on device.
>J1.4/bin/classic/libcore.so
>pax: FSUM6260 write error on file "J1.4/bin/classic/libcore.so": EDC5133I
No space left on device.

BUFSPACE------------8192     CISIZE--------------4096
EXCPEXIT----------(NULL)     CI/CA----------------180
>  SHROPTNS(3,3)   RECOVERY     UNIQUE           NOERASE     LINEAR
NOWRITECHK     NOIMBED       NOREPLICAT
EXCPS------------------0
EXTENTS----------------1
>  REC-INSERTED-----------0     FREESPACE-%CI----------0     SYSTEM-TIMESTAMP:
>  REC-UPDATED------------0     FREESPACE-%CA----------0
X'0000000000000000'
HI-A-RBA-------246988800     EXTENT-NUMBER----------1
HI-U-RBA-------246988800     EXTENT-TYPE--------X'40'
TRACKS--------------5025
>HIGH-CCHH----X'139E000E'     HIGH-RBA-------246988799
>
>my volume z19hf2 has 1200 cylinders on it.
>
>I can see the HI-A-RB and HI-U-RBA are the same - so it is out of space.

It is out of space, but not because of that.  High used always equals high
allocated since it is a formatted data set.

>How can I make it bigger??????  If I unmount the zos19.omvs.jv390 data set
and then create a new zFS file.  Can I just use IDCAMS repro or how to I get
the info into the new one?

I don't see any secondary extents.   You either:

1) don't have aggrgrow=on in your zfs parms
2) didn't mount it with parm 'aggrgrow=on'
3) don't have enough space left on the Z19HF2 volume

Regards,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden