On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:29:46 -0700, Patrick Falcone
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi Tom,
>
>I'm sorry, yes my below is poorly worded.
>
>You answered my question in that an SRB does not wait. I guess I should
have just looked at the SMF manual , as I'm doing now, to better understand
the scope of what waits fall under JWT.

>Thanks.

Though an SRB cannot issue a WAIT macro, it can go into a wait. In
particular, the manual states that the SRB can use SUSPEND to stop itself.
Some other process would then need to do a RESUME to restart it.

So your question is still relevant. If an SRB is dispatched in an address
space and does a SUSPEND, will the address space still get an S522 abend due
to a JWT time out? If it does S522, what happens to the SRB?

--
John