From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Salt
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:10 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Curiousity question

Hi Janet,

I think there might be some confusion. Are you asking for a list of
alternatives to QuickRef, or are you asking for a list of "sure let's
get it" products? I think the email below was meant to fall into the
second category, as SimpList does not compete with QuickRef in any way.
The only product SimpList competes with is IPT (ISPF Productivity Tool,
formerly known as Spiffy). SimpList and IPT are both designed to
increase the productivity of ISPF users, but neither of them have
anything to do with explaining the meaning of error messages.

Having said that, SimpList does have an interface to BookManager (which
means you can look up the meaning of any message from anywhere in ISPF),
but that's just an incidental and it's by no means the primary purpose
of the product.

Hope that helps,

Dave Salt

SimpList(tm) - try it; you'll get it!
http://www.mackinney.com/products/SIM/simplist.htm

> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:47:25 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Curiousity question
> To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
>
> Thanks everyone for the input. I have used QuickRef for so many years
> that I forget to even check to see if there are any alternatives.
> Competition is always healthy, so it is good to know we still have
> choices, especially with the advances in technology.

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html