On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 20:00:34 -0400, Robert A. Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>... the disassembled code was unreadable to them.
>
>Which means that they are claiming to also be unable to read/use a
>Cobol created PMAP (a task which I would expect that a Cobol
>PROGRAMMER [as opposed to a CODER] should be able to do).

To be fair (an uncommon stance for me!), there's a big difference
between looking at the code generated by a compiler when you
have the source statements, and looking at disassembled instructions
when you do not have the source.    Even if you were familiar enough
with the code generated by current compilers to be able to reconstruct
COBOL source, our would also have to be familiar the way older
compilers generated code.  (The good news is that there was probably
less optimization in the older code.)

Pat O'Keefe