From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Ed Gould
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 1:06 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [OT] Heart Surgery

Scott:

Thanks... My Heart issue is a bit different than the typical clogged
arteries. The procedure I am going to have done is called a hybrid maze
(sp?). Instead of breaking the chest bones they put two holes into the sides
of the chest and snip and sew from there. What surprised me from this whole
thing is that I am hospitalized for 1 week followed by 5 weeks of home bed
rest. The insurance companies are really cutting back on hospital stays. A
few years ago I was in the hospital for 6+ weeks(non related to current
heart issues) and every time they discharged me I would come back with
issues that would probably not have happened in the hospital. Which is
really funny as they refused to pay for the ambulance service because they
forced me out of the hospital.

Good luck and thanks for the kind words.

Ed