On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:57:54 -0500, Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:40:55 -0500, Sally Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi Peter and Mark,
>>
>>I have a call logged with CA but their response is:-
>>
>>'ASM2 does not ask for a specific SYSOUT class. No code within the product
>>asks for this. It appears that the operating system default is doing this
>>class definition for us.'
>>
>>Hence why I was trying to establish if there is a default that I can change.
>>They also appear to have a similar setup in their JES parms to us, but say
that
>>their SYS00001-SYS00004 goes to their MSGCLASS class, whereas ours
>>doesn't and I have no idea why not.
>>
>>Sally
>>

>Any other "output" software that could have some hooks?  If no other
>clue, all you could probably do is take a dump or GTFTRACE it to see
>if that gives a clue.
>
>Of course CA's setup may not really be similar (perhaps they are using
>a started job).
>
>Even if you don't have started jobs set up, I think you can include the
>jobcard if you put the proc in a proclib defined to MSTJCL.  Or try
>starting it with MSGCLASS=x and see what happens.
>
>I am assuming there are no PARMs to ASM2 that may control this...

Sally,

Because I am not doing any real work today <grin> because I will be
at zBLC next week, I downloaded the ASM2 manuals and took a look.

Look at $SYSOUTC for $OPTIONS and see what you have coded.

If this turns out to be your problem, it would be really sad that a
CA ASM2 support person couldn't point you to it and I would raise
that fact up to the support manager.

I found this in the planning guide:

2.2.56 SYSOUTC  (SYSOUT Class)

Default:  DC  X'00'

    This is the SYSOUT class used to dynamically allocate AMSOUT
    and SYSPRINT for IXR.  If you specify X'00', you will allocate
    to the default SYSOUT class for the IXR address space.  If you
    want to specify a specific class; that is, for CLASS=A you
    would change the above field to DC C'A'.

--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]