I'm not surprised.  You might want to ask them if they ever read their
own documentation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sally Mason [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 6:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Default class for JES2 SYSOUT

Hi Peter and Mark,

I have a call logged with CA but their response is:-

'ASM2 does not ask for a specific SYSOUT class. No code within the
product asks for this. It appears that the operating system default is
doing this class definition for us.'

Hence why I was trying to establish if there is a default that I can
change.
They also appear to have a similar setup in their JES parms to us, but
say that their SYS00001-SYS00004 goes to their MSGCLASS class, whereas
ours doesn't and I have no idea why not.