The SMPWKDIR is a ddname in the JCL used to override the location
used for the temp file I thought.  You also can use the SMPNTS ddname in
your job to override the location of the smpnts file system as in:

//SMPNTS   DD  PATHDISP=KEEP,
//             PATH='/u/smpnts'

   When you receive the order from IBM, they downloaded via FTP into the
smpnts file system and then it gets received into your SMP/E CSI and
other files as part of the RECEIVE process.

   You really should take the time to go over the books and understand
the process to save you some time and grief, especially if doing z/OS
1.9 and it's your first time.  That would my best advice (RTFM).

   By the way, SMP/E 3.5 will make your compatability maintenance a lot
easier with the new FIXCAT feature.  Check it out.

        Stan

-----------------

Stan Weyman

Corporate Information Services

System Administrator III

Amica Mutual Insurance Company

25 Amica Way

Lincoln, RI 02865

voice:   1-800-992-6422  ext. 22679

fax:      1-401-334-2748

email :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

web:    www.amica.com

P  Please consider the environment before printing this email