Gabe Goldberg wrote:
(Sorry for cross-posting...)

I'm writing an article for CA about baby-boom mainframers (that's me too, my first job out of college in 1968 was with IBM in Poughkeepsie) about what we're all doing and seeing and facing in our careers.

Do people plan to work as long as they're able? Because of enjoyable jobs? From necessity? For other reasons?

So, I'm _older_ than a baby boomer (based on your definition below;
I was born in 1944). But I'll keep working because I enjoy the work
_and_ because I need to.

[snip]

Please reply to me directly as well as to the list, so I see responses separate from the daily digest. Relatively brief comments are best so I can ask follow-up questions if necessary.

The two articles -- for z/Journal and Mainframe Executive -- about which I queried the lists about mainframe education are nearly done, will appear early next year, I think.

Thanks to people who responded for those, and who respond now!

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==